Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Make Up Haul

I was a bit naughty and bought a whole lot of new make up recently...most would say there's nothing wrong with this except I barely wear make up as it is and have enough to last me the rest of my life!

But I just couldn't help myself with the MAC items, most of which are now hard to find and I got them at an amazing price so I don't feel so bad.


I'm most excited about the two pigments - in shades Later and The Family Chest. I am quite tanned naturally so a lot of pale 'wash' type colours barely show up against my skin so I love MAC's punchy colours, especially the pigments.

I swatched both and they come out beautifully as a smoky eye with a bit of difference. So The Family Chest has gold flecks in it, and Later has a bold electric purple undertone which just 'pops' when used wet. Love!

I only managed to get a good swatch of The Family Chest:

I'm thinking it will be great for a smoky eye look with a bit of a difference. Excuse the terrible application, I was just trialling it against my eyeline first.

I haven't had a chance to try the Lipglasses yet, but they're both very popular shades - Painted On and Indigo Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment