Saturday, July 30, 2011

The "Other" Royal Wedding

As we speak the "other" Royal Wedding is getting started - that is of course Zara Phillips' wedding to Mike Tindall. I love the British Royals so of course I'll be paying close attention to the nuptials and what everyone is wearing, but I also have a bit of a soft spot for Zara Phillips and her understated, non-chalant way-of-life despite being so privileged. She still sits a far second behind my favourite member of royalty, Charlotte Casiraghi (gosh she's so beautiful!) but that's another story.

Anyway, she's already announced her wedding dress will be Royal couturier Stewart Parvin so I was having a bit of a browse of his website to see what kind of dress she might choose.

I'm definitely imagining something tailored but ethereal, structured but with a sense of lightness. I'm thinking she'll be inspired by these dresses, though I imagine she'll have her own unique spin because she's always been the Princess who did things her way and wanted to be a bit different.
Hang onto your love
Sweet Simplicity
In terms of headpieces - I'm guessing definitely no tiara and I would say she wouldn't really want a veil but probably to stick with a bit of tradition she'll probably have a short blusher or veil which will be light and airy. I actually really want her to do more of a hairpiece - a beautiful hair ornament would be pretty.

We will just have to wait a few hours and I'm sure we'll hear about what the lucky girl chose! In the meantime, I saw this Stewart Parvis wedding gown which I thought was just stunning. Very old Hollywood glamour (Grace Kelly-esque too), but breathtakingly beautiful.
Put Yourself in my Place

No comments:

Post a Comment