Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to the Real World

So I'm back in wintery Sydney after a short holiday hiatus for 2.5 weeks in the US and Bahamas! It's my last day off before I head back to work and I'm sure tomorrow and the next few weeks of work will be excruciating after a few weeks of study + holidaying. I can't begin to tell you how hard it is to come back to Winter when I've been enjoying endless sunshine and warmth. I've returned with a ridiculously dark tan, to the point where I'm sure Sydneysiders must look at me and think I've overdone the fake tan since there's no way someone living here could be that dark in the middle of Winter!

My holiday was of course, amazing, but also hectic. Cruising the Bahamas was a highlight - the beautiful skies and seas, swimming in turquoise waters and generally being able to just chill out. It was great to return to the US for the first time as an adult and taking in all the sights and sounds and packing my days with activities, food, fashion, shopping and catching up with friends.

Keep an eye out for more posts of my holiday - the shopping, restaurants I visited, some of the highlights - but for now here's a snapshot that is helping me to survive being back to the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment