Sunday, July 17, 2011

Couture Fall 2011 - Shoes!

I know I'm a little behind on the Fall 2011 Couture showcoverage, but gosh there are some breathtaking pieces. I thought styles in general were quite pared back this time, which is perhaps more a reflection of the world economy, but I loved how wearable the collections were. Might be more to do with the dismissal of John Galliano, but even Dior was less frou frou OTT than normal. I know it got some bad reviews in the media, but I still thought it was a beautiful collection with some standout pieces.

But more importantly, there were some fantastic shoes on offer! These are some of my faves:
Giambattista Valli
I thought the Giambattista show was fabulous, but the shoes were also so wearable, chic and pretty! This would be a perfect wedding shoe.

The Christian Dior sandal above looks so 'simple' front on, but then the side-on silhouette is funky and fun at the same time. Loving the lilac! I would never wear a shoe like this, but it just suited the collection.

Jean Paul Gaultier
The 'enfant-terrible' himself, Jean Paul Gaultier, has been my all-time favourite designer for years now and the collection didn't disappoint. It was so elegant but unique at the same time. I have a soft spot for the ballet inspired shoe above - when I was 15 and had my first school formal, I wore a DIY replication of the criss-crossed ballet ribbons on a pair of simple black pumps.

How can you not love the two shots below?

And then there is the perennial favourite, Valentino, with classic timeless beauty.

What shoes did you love from the Couture collections?

Images thanks to style.com and vogue.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment