Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars Fashion 2012

As if February isn't crazy enough - it is my birthday month and there are only 28 or 29 days to squeeze  life into - it is also one of the best fashion months because of Awards Season and two fashion weeks!

So I love being able to watch the Awards Show and the red carpet arrivals live and so far here are my favourites....


Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford
I love how Gwyneth always goes for simple outfits (who can forget the pink Ralph Lauren in 1999!) and this is just genius! It looks a little crappy in pics but she looked glowing on the video coverage.


Kristen Wiig in J Mendel
People gave her Kristen a hard time for wearing nude yet again but she just looks ethereal and beautiful. And love the vampy dark nails as a little bit of contrast! But I am a bit obsessed with Mendel.

                                                 
Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab
I think Milla is definitely dominating the votes for best dressed and I tend to agree that this is an amazing outfit - beading done to perfection with the block colour background. It does help that she's drop dead gorgeous though!


Stacy Keibler in Marchesa
So Clooney's girlfriend is lucky to be blessed with amazing looks and a to-die-for body, but this dress is just perfection. It looks a little too shiny in this pic (the fabric looks a little cheap?) but when I saw the coverage this just glowed. The fabric complemented the perfectly balanced design features and she looks beautiful.


Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen
I remember having seen this gown before and I always liked it, but this just floats on the red carpet. I'm not sure if it is exactly that Oscar appropriate, though definitely red carpet appropriate, but it's a beautiful design worthy of attention. And she's wearing $2 million of Harry Winston jewels!


Rooney Mara in Givenchy
Rooney usually wears black so she got a lot of attention for wearing a different hue (albeit still monochromatic). I like this outfit but don't love it...she does pull it off well though and I can see the wearability in this.

Glenn Close in Zac Posen
While she's not in the most stunning outfit to walk the red carpet, this is just so age appropriate and the blazer is a nice point of difference! Glenn Close just looks so youthful despite her age and her body is smashing in this gown!

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton
People are definitely voting Michelle on the Best Dressed List and while I like this outfit I think it's almost a little boring? Cute, awesome for a party, but just not my favourite. But the fabric and detailing is definitely pretty.

And now for just one I dislike...and I feel bad saying it about an Aussie but I'm sorry Rose Byrne, I don't care that you're wearing Vivienne Westwood, Chanel couture jewels and Jimmy Choo shoes, this midnight blue sparkler just looks a little ill-fitting on you when you have such a long lean body! Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way though?

2 comments:

  1. I agree about Rose Byrne! Proof that the "right" labels do not guarantee a fashion hit.

    ReplyDelete