Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fratelli Fresh: Cafe Sopra

On Saturday I did some shopping - and bought an amazing dress, by the way, but more on that another time perhaps - and so had to refuel halfway through. Stopped by at Fratelli Fresh - Cafe Sopra  and didn't have to wait too long for a table, but they were so slow moving that there were several empty tables for at least 5-10 minutes before they even acknowledged us to seat us!

Anyway, the food was good but not wow, and to be honest I don't really get the appeal? So OK I do admit its good value for restaurant quality, restaurant service but in a chilled out cafe feel but it wasn't anything amazing to write home about. Perhaps let me know if you think I should have ordered other things!

We had the trout salad and panfried gnocchi with mushrooms. They were both good but I think I just had high expectations to be absolutely amazed and I just wasn't all that satisfied. It could be that I was in the mood for something with more flavour.

And this was the cannoli we ordered for dessert First off, I don't think this was worth $14.50 (it wasn't very big) and most of all it just didn't have the type of flavour balance you want in a dessert. It wasn't sweet enough for my liking (and I don't even like sweet sweet desserts!) but it had an odd 'fake' orange taste which I just didn't like too much. So maybe I'm too fussy? My main gripe was that this took aaaages to come out. Now I understand that during peak service times the wait can be a while but this is dessert, it just needs plating and there wasn't a single person around us having dessert.

I was also a little disappointed by the frazzled service - some wait staff were amazingly attentive and friendly but there were a few who just appeared to chat to each other the whole time I was sitting there (which was a while). Don't you hate when you see staff letting the rest of the team down?

No comments:

Post a Comment