Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chanel Little Black Jacket

I know I'm really late with posting about this but I went to Chanel's Little Black Jacket exhibition a few weeks back and it was AMAZING. I loved the ambience of the space - I love that empty warehouse feeling, I would love to have an event in that kind of space. The photos were of course also exquisite and just go to show how much of a genius Karl Lagerfeld really is.

For those not in the know, the exhibition showcases a whole lot of celebrities all photographed in incarnations of the famous Chanel Black Boucle jacket. Of course they're all impeccably and uniquely styled (Carine Roitfeld was involved, after all!) and most are also black and white.

Yay the flags herald the exhibition!

Beautiful day, beautiful view. I heart Sydney!

Probably the two most famous images from the exhibition were hung out the front as giant banners. Excuse the crappiness of the next few shots - I was in a rush!

Anna Wintour, totally identifiable even from the back of her perfectly coitured hair.

And Carine herself bearing a striking resemblance to Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel, of course.


There were 'no photos' allowed inside but I did manage a few sneakies with my phone...


One of the best photos in the exhibition was of this amazingly cute girl - Scarlett Utzmann Huynh - daughter of Carine's assistant. Isn't she just adorable?

I also came across this video showing a 'behind the scenes':

The video above is from the Chanel video channel on Youtube and there are actually a tonne of amazing videos relating to LBJ exhibition. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. oh i wished i took some sneak snaps - i loved the layout of the exhibition - dark and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete