Monday, June 11, 2012

CFDA 2012

I know I'm a little late on this, but last week the prestigious CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) awards were announced and gee whiz I couldn't believe it when I heard Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen won Womenswear Designer of the Year for their label The Row.

Now I love the Olsen twins and their collections are definitely wearable, always classic and simple with a slight twist making them on-trend, but their prices are so exorbitant so mere mortals like myself unfortunately could never afford to wear it all. I suppose my surprise comes mostly from the fact their designs are arguably not the most unique on the market, but all the same a huge congratulations to them on such a prestigious award!


Phillip Lim also won for Emerging Talent, though I'm not sure I would really call him 'emerging' anymore!

Here's the full list of winners in case you were wondering:
Womenswear Designer of the Year: Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen of The Row
Menswear Designer of the Year: Billy Reid
Accessories Designer of the Year: Reed Krakoff
Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Womenswear: Joseph Altuzarra
Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Womenswear: Phillip Lim
Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Accessories: Tabitha Simmons
Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Tommy Hilfiger
International Award: Rei Kawakubo
Founders Award, in honour of Eleanor Lambert: Andrew Rosen
Media Award, in honour of Eugenia Sheppard: Scott Schuman and Garance Dore
Fashion Icon Award: Johnny Depp

No comments:

Post a Comment