Friday, April 29, 2011

Baking Adventures: Anzac Day

In honour of Anzac Day, I decided to bake some Anzac Biscuits to bring to a friend's housewarming. I love store-bought Anzac Biscuits for an afternoon snack, but they still don't beat the homemade chewy crumbly equivalent. I just used a recipe I googled from taste.com because I couldn't find any of my other recipes, so I don't think it's the best recipe but they're still tasty (albeit a bit sweet for my liking). Nothing can beat the smell of freshly baked biscuits in the oven!
I don't get as much time as I would like to bake yummy treats, and really I probably should've been spending the long weekend studying and doing some work (yes, it never ends!) but I couldn't help myself so I also baked some Chocolate Caramel slice. Strangely enough, I really don't like caramel but I love caramel slice. Something about the crunchy base and the chocolate coating with a hint of sweet caramel just tastes so good! I'm used to eating it when friends' mothers make it (Mums know how to make it 'just-right') so it seemed about time to make it myself. They taste good, though they might not look so professional as they were my first go. Excuse my poor cutting skills too, I should've used a sharper knife!
Caramel slice with Anzac biscuits in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment