Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Travel Tip Tuesday: Make Up!

If you follow me on twitter you would have seen me post a picture of this, but this seriously is one of my favourite travel tips so I just had to share it again.

Years back I was reading a magazine and came across this 'model's secret' tip for make up on the go - storing all your make up essentials in contact lens cases.

This seriously works for anything - lipstick (just chop a bit off and bring your lip brush), concealers, foundations or even powders (though this turns out a little more messy). As you can see I used mine for my MUFE Face & Body Foundation and Garnier BB Cream, but I also already had a mini sample size of my MAC concealer otherwise that would have gone in another container.

It struck me as crazy when I was camping at Glastonbury that ladies were bringing their whole make up bags with full sized everything. No wonder their make up bags were so big! This I think works great for your handbag essentials for touch ups as well :)

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for a weekend away/camping! Even those travel bottles can be too big for just a couple of days away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it, isn't it - I hate when bottles take up so much space! This is so much more compact. My travel make up bag (including brushes) was tiny because I kept only essentials.

      Delete
  2. Oh.. What a great idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! But seriously, people were bringing big makeup kits to Glastonbury? Eep!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they totally were! I mean these were the people staying at my accommodation which was high end glamping (flushing toilets, hand creams etc in the bathrooms) so it was more warranted, but everyday I walked around the campsites and girls were in full faces of make up so they must also have brought their full kit!

      Delete