Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DC Monuments & Museums - Part I

Washington DC is full of so many amazing sights, museums and monuments and I've been fortunate enough to visit a lot of them while here in the US. Of course I have taken lots of photos along the way and with the Cherry Blossoms blooming at the moment I thought I would post some of my favourite sites around the place.

DC has the most amazing museums thanks to the Smithsonian Institute which runs a whole host of different museums. The Smithsonian castle is one of their visitor centres and it has a beautiful garden. If I had more time, I would just sit there all day reading a book or on my ipad. Amazing! The blooms there are so beautiful too.

Smithsonian castle in the background
Washington Monument with the faint sign of a jet trail behind. Amazing, right?

The next few are from WWII Memorial which has a beautiful grandness with all the wreaths and repeated motifs.



And probably one of the most famous - the Lincoln Memorial. It is amazing how large it is and even from quite far away you can see it as a foreboding presence on the skyline. All that marble, all that architectural perfection!



More photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment