Monday, October 3, 2011

Wedding Bells


Who doesn't love a good wedding right? Well the last few weeks I have been celebrating my friend's wedding with all sorts of festivities - the Hens Night, Kitchen Tea and of course the big event which was this weekend! I wasn't able to make the Kitchen Tea but being part of the other two was heaps of fun and I love seeing a friend so happy. You know when you just know a couple is perfect for each other...well that's how everyone at the wedding felt. And now for some pics....
Mood lighting
We went to the burlesque show at Crystal Boudoir at GPO. I wouldn't quite call it a 'burlesque' show as it was more of a performance...if only it was exciting as the burlesque scenes in Gossip Girl or more Dita Von Teese inspired! We kept on thinking some Christina Aguilera singing (a la Burlesque the movie) would help bring some excitement to the show too. But nonetheless, a beautiful place to hang out!

Inspiration in the form of Burlesque the movie, Gossip Girl and Dita Von Teese

Anyway, enough of a picture sidetrack, here's a pic of one of the actual performers. There were 3 girls and a guy and let's just say these girls were uber flexible and very intense.
Catsuit wearing performer
And now some from the wedding! I was playing around with settings on my camera as well to make for some moody images...

Bridal bouquet

Beautiful vintage wedding cars taken with 'nostalgic' camera setting
Anndd for good measure, a kinda crappy pic of my beautiful shoes. They are blush satin slingbacks by Alessandro Dell'Acqua. I love that they've got a bit of elegant 'funk' with the mirrored/beaded embellishments. I'll take a better picture of them sometime and blog about them.

They were actually the same shoes I wore to my 21st so they will always have a place in my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment