Sunday, February 20, 2011

Marc Jacobs A/W 2011/12

With New York Fashion Week now come and gone, I thought I'd spend some time doing a quick flick through some of the showcoverage photos. I'm the first to admit that I'm ridiculously time poor and so I don't keep up with the international showcoverage as much as I wish I could. Half the time RAFW rolls past and I barely get the chance to look at our Australian Designer's new collections (yes, I hang my head in shame). But after hearing rave reviews about MJ yet again, I had to take a look for myself. Year after year, collection after collection he delivers, whether that be for his own brand or Louis Vuitton. I may be somewhat biased, I mean in my eyes the man can do no wrong, but I especially liked the following looks.

Love the billowing chiffon sleeves with the delicate cream satin trim


I love what he does with accessories - the hats in this collection were a stand-out for me. They were 'just right' for each look and made for a polished lady-like feel but still maintaining an edge of cool. Seems like lady-like is here to stay (which is fine by me!)

And because I love MJ so much, here are some pics of the cute Marc by Marc Jacobs necklace my friend gave to me as a present. She bought it from HK and it's just so kitschy and adorable (and who doesn't love that retro packaging it comes in?).



Photos all thanks to www.vogue.com.au showcoverage

No comments:

Post a Comment