Sunday, April 15, 2012

NYC: Sleep No More

A quick post to update a little tid-bit from my holiday - I just spent some time in one of the best cities in the world, New York City. I love it there, and when I go there I get to spend time with a really awesome friend who lives there which makes it even better.

Anyway, during my visit I went to see Sleep No More, a live performance theatre interpretation of Macbeth which is a 'choose your own adventure' style performance. It's in a warehouse in Chelsea and there's 100s of rooms and you basically get to follow the actors around as they depict a very postmodern interpretation.

You aren't allowed photos in there, and it's a very full-on thought provoking presentation but here are some cool pics!

You wear masks and there are places where you can eat the candy, interact with the actors and get trinkets from them. The cards represent the order in which you get to 'enter' the presentation space and from there the world is your oyster so you get to go/see/do what you want!



It's definitely a unique experience which isn't for everyone, but if you're into something different I highly recommend it if you're ever in NYC! Also, I hear it was in an episode of Gossip Girl (though I'm so behind I haven't seen it yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment