Thursday, May 19, 2011

Met Ball

Apologies for the lack of posts lately - this will unfortunately continue for the next few weeks as I have just under a month to study for my huge and important exam in mid-June. Somewhere in between all of that, I'm also trying to organise my holiday which is straight after, so life is busy busy busy!

Anyway, I'm loving all the events that are on at the moment. Between the Royal Wedding, Cannes Film Fest, and The Met Ball, there has been plenty of pretty pictures to look at. Love!

I loved celebrity watching and looking at all the amazing outfits from The Met Ball, this year honouring the one and only Alexander McQueen. In the last few weeks, I even made sure to wear my McQueen skull scarf in honour of all the McQueen related events!

I didn't love a lot of the looks this year unfortunately, but I did think the following celebs looked stunning.
Taylor Swift in J.Mendel
I love J. Mendel - absolutely exquisite couture which is uniquely clever but still so...refined!
Dakota Fanning in Valentino
Ashley Olsen in vintage Christian Dior
Okay, so maybe I have a bit of an obsession with the Olsen twins and Christian Dior (New Look, anyone?) but this look is just pure simple elegance. A bit of cleavage, and those sleeves. I don't even think I have the words to describe how much I love this!
Jennifer Lopez in Gucci
And finally, just because I thought she looked cool (though I don't know who she's wearing)...
Janelle Monae
Now I'm really excited to see the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty Exhbition at The Met when I visit NYC!
One of the exhibition pieces
All images thanks to Getty.

No comments:

Post a Comment